Heart of Worship
This for me is a time when I can unashamedly and passionately worship God! This for me is when I feel I can let go and “...love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” Mark 12:30 and “...worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24 I’m not referring to the instruments, because it would be just as moving without them.
My focus in regards to the scriptures above is the word, “Heart” and its definition of that word during the time it was written:
•the thoughts or feelings
• the middle, heart
• the vigour and sense of physical life
• the centre and seat of spiritual life
• the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavours
• of the understanding, the faculty and seat of the intelligence
• of the will and character
• of the soul so far as it is affected and stirred in a bad way or good, or of the soul as the seat of the sensibilities, affections, emotions, desires, appetites, passions
God wants us to worship not only with our mind and strength but He also wants us to worship Him with our soul and all of the emotions that come with it. To let go of all that holds us back so we can fully surrender and worship Him! “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” Ezekiel 36:26
The emotions that this worship evokes in me is not just merely an emotional high, but instead it drowns out the worldly thoughts and awakens my soul and my passion for God and it lets me know my Spirit is alive!!
To be able to join in with the angels worshipping God in the heavenly realm, should move us!!
Let go unabashedly and worship God with your whole heart, your mind and all of your strength...give Him everything you’ve got! 💕